PREAMBLE Direct link to this section
The fighting game community belongs to everyone. As members of the FGC, we consider it our responsibility to represent, foster and enforce values which safeguard and empower its events, players, and fans. We believe all members of the fighting game community share this responsibility with us. As a result, we expect any group or individual who wishes to attend or be a part of Evo in any capacity to behave according to our Evo Values and abide by our Code of Conduct. Any group or individual who is unable or unwilling to do so will no longer be welcome at Evo.
EVO VALUES Direct link to this section
Community - We consider ourselves lucky to be a member of the fighting game community, and believe we should work to be a force for good within it. We are dedicated to building up this community and its members, and expect the same of others. We will not tolerate any actions which undermine this community or threaten the health, safety, or welfare of any of its members.
Respect - Everyone matters, everyone contributes, and everyone is welcome at Evo. We will not tolerate violence, bullying, harassment, intimidation, racism, intolerance, discrimination, marginalization, or threats directed against anyone at any time.
Integrity - We hold ourselves, our staff, our competitors, and our fans to the highest standard of integrity. Cheating, scamming, fraud, theft, impersonation, and other deceptive, dangerous or illegal activities will not be tolerated, and will be prosecuted when appropriate.
In order to keep Evo and the FGC open and welcoming to everyone, it is important for all our users to respect the rights of others, as outlined above. Accordingly, when you attend or participate in any Evo event in any capacity, you are agreeing to represent and uphold our values as well as to follow the rules set forth below.
DON’T: Direct link to this section
- Do not bully, threaten, harm, troll, harass or stalk anyone, or encourage others to do so.
- Do not use or promote hate speech, slurs, or other abusive or offensive language.
- Do not cheat, or use or exploit any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional mechanics to get a competitive advantage for yourself or others.
- Do not engage in or encourage lewd, vulgar, or offensive behavior, or in any other behavior that may disrupt gameplay or our events, or others’ enjoyment of them.
- Do not disparage or discriminate against anyone based on their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, appearance, mental or physical ability, or other personal characteristics.
- Do not create or share images or other content that contains nudity, graphic sexual content, or abhorrent violent material.
- Do not threaten, engage in, condone, or promote violent behavior or illegal activity.
- Do not encourage anyone to hurt themselves or someone else.
- Do not engage in any fraudulent activity, such as phishing or catfishing, or other deceptive behavior.
- Do not engage in or encourage doxing or publishing private images of another person without their consent.
- Do not defame anyone or infringe their intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights.
- Do not spam anyone – this includes spamming us with false, frivolous, or repetitive reports or complaints.
- Do not engage in unauthorized commercial activity in connection with Evo events or associate Evo with unauthorized commercial activity.
- Do not engage in or promote any other behavior that may endanger or negatively affect the goodwill or reputation of Evo, its events, or its fans.
- Model good behavior for others.
- Report any group or individual engaging in behavior or activity that violates this Code of Conduct.
- Report game, platform, or network bugs, glitches, or potential vulnerabilities.
- Always obey the rules of competition, venue rules/policies, and all local laws
CONSEQUENCES Direct link to this section
We may take one or more of the following actions against anyone we determine to have violated our rules or Evo Values:
- Removal from the competition or event;
- Issuing a temporary or permanent ban from participating in or attending future Evo competitions or events;
- Notifying law enforcement of any violations involving unlawful activity or a threat to the life or safety of themselves or others;
- Any other steps we feel necessary to uphold our Evo Values.
Please note that this Code of Conduct is in addition any game-specific or platform-specific terms of service or codes of conduct that may be applicable to your participation in Evo competitions, and to any venue rules that may be applicable to our in-person events.