Table of Contents Direct link to this section
- What is Evo 2022?
- When and Where is Evo 2022?
- What games will be at Evo 2022?
- Can you win prizes at Evo 2022?
- How do I attend Evo 2022?
- What is the deadline for tournament registration?
- Where can I find out more information about the tournament format, schedule, and rules?
- Where can I pick up my badge?
- What is the event schedule?
- Are there travel, lodging, and parking recommendations?
- What about food and water?
- Is there a pre or post party at Evo 2022?
- Where can I go for help during the event?
- What are Evo 2022’s safety precautions and requirements?
- Photography and recording guidelines?
- Any restricted or prohibited items at Evo?
- Will there be vendors at Evo 2022?
- Can I sell merchandise on the Evo floor?
- Cosplay Guidelines?
- Additional Attendee Expectations
- I have additional questions not covered here!
What is Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
The Evolution Championship Series (Evo for short) represents the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world. For 20 years, Evo has brought together the best of the best from around the world in an electric exhibition of skill and fun. During one incredible event each year, Evo hosts players and fans gathering to honor their competitive spirits in an open format tournament to crown World Champions. Evo 2022 is that event!
For those that can’t make it, Evo 2022’s competitions will be streamed live via twitch.tv/evo!
When and Where is Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
Evo runs from Friday, August 5, 2022 through Sunday, August 7, 2022. Friday and Saturday take place in the Bayside D, E, and F Exhibit Halls in the South Convention Center at Mandalay Bay. On Sunday the exciting Evo 2022 Arena Finals take place in the Michelob ULTRA Arena! Both venues are within walking distance of each other and are located at 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119.
Please note that ADA bathrooms, ramps, elevators, and parking is available at all venues.
What games will be at Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition - PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear -Strive- PS4 (Arc System Works)
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate - PS4 (Warner Bros. Games)
- TEKKEN 7 - PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV - PS4 (SNK)
- MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA - PS4 (Project LUMINA)
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ - PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus - PS4 (Cygames and XSEED)
- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore - PS4 (Autumn Games)
Can you win prizes at Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
Yes. Tournament finalists win medals, trophies, and their share of that tournament’s prize pool. Prize pools are generated via tournament entry fees (and sometimes developer or publisher support). The prize money is split between, at minimum, the top 8 finalists in each tournament.
How do I attend Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
You can attend Evo 2022 by registering for the convention at smash.gg/evo and/or purchasing an Arena Finals ticket from AXS.com. You can pick up your event badge and complimentary refillable water bottle starting the day before the event.
Wait, Badges and Tickets?
Yes. Evo 2022 takes place in two different locations at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. Each location has its own pass needed for entry. To experience all three days of Evo 2022, you will need both an Event Badge and an Evo 2022 Arena Finals ticket.
Badges are the entry passes for Evo 2022’s tournaments and convention taking place August 5-6, 2022 in the Bayside D, E, and F Exhibit Halls in the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center. Badges can be purchased at smash.gg/evo. You will need a badge to enter the Exhibit Halls.
- Badges cover the cost of entry into Evo Community Championships, Bring Your Own Console areas, and other on-site activities. In Nevada, there are various fees associated with attending events that this Mandatory Fee covers. This fee cannot be opted out of and is part of Evo 2022’s Badge costs.
- Badges must be worn and fully visible at all times in the Exhibit Halls. Badges are only valid for a single individual.
Tickets are the entry passes for the Evo 2022 Arena Finals in the Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay. Tickets can be purchased at AXS.com. You will need a ticket to enter the Arena Finals.
All badges and tickets include re-entry. All attendees who want to exit the show floor or arena and return at a later time will be able to do so.
Where can I pick up my passes?
You can pick up your Event Badge, or purchase day passes, at the Registration desk outside Bayside F in the South Convention Center at Mandalay Bay. You will need a valid ID (Passport, Driver’s license, or State ID) and the email confirmation you received from your smash.gg registration. You can only pick up badges for yourself or individuals you are legally responsible for.
The Registration desk will be open Thursday, August 4, 2022 from 10am-10pm PDT. Badge Pickup hours for August 5 and August 6 will be posted before the event.
What about refunds, exchanges, transfers, or cancellations?
All badge and ticket sales are final. No refunds, exchanges, or transfers will be available. In the event Evo 2022 is canceled, your badge and/or ticket will be refunded. There is no authorized resale of Evo 2022’s badges or tickets. Please note that badges and tickets for Evo 2022 not purchased via Evo’s smash.gg or AXS pages will not be honored.
What if I lose my badge or ticket?
You are responsible for your badge and/or ticket. Lost or stolen badges and tickets cannot be replaced or refunded.
Do my friends and family need passes?
Yes, everyone needs to be in possession of a badge and/or ticket to attend Evo 2022.
Can children attend Evo 2022?
Children under the age of 6 can attend Evo Day 1 and Day 2 for free with any badged parent or adult legal guardian. Any child over the age of 6 will require a badge to enter the convention floor. Children’s badges can be purchased on-site at the event for $30. Children of all ages will need their own paid ticket to attend Evo 2022’s Arena Finals in the Michelob ULTRA Arena.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What is the deadline for tournament registration? Direct link to this section
Evo is an open tournament with all eligible players required to register by July 9, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT via smash.gg/evo. After Late Registration closes, no one is allowed to register for Evo 2022’s tournaments.
- Early Bird registration is available until April 15, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Normal Registration is available from April 16 to June 9, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Late Registration is available from June 10 to July 9, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Day passes will be available on-site, Friday and Saturday, event weekend. Day passes do not allow entry into the 9 tournaments hosted at Evo 2022.
Please remember that you must be at least 13 years or older to enter Evo 2022’s tournaments. If you are younger than 13, you will need your parents to sign paperwork for you to compete and be on-site at the event chaperoning your experience.
Where can I find out more information about the tournament format, schedule, and rules? Direct link to this section
Questions about tournament format, pool’s schedule, player eligibility, prizing distribution, valid controllers, and more can be found in the Evo 2022 Event Rules.
Where can I pick up my badge? Direct link to this section
The Evo registration booth will be open during the convention to accommodate will-call pick up for badges and on-site day pass sales. The registration desk will be located outside of Bayside F in the South Convention Center at Mandalay Bay. The Michelob ULTRA Arena ticketing window may be open during Evo 2022 Arena Finals to purchase tickets if the event has not sold out. As the Arena Finals have traditionally sold out, it is strongly recommended that you purchase your tickets in advance.
Please note that early badge pickup is highly recommended. Badge pickup on event days can take as long as two hours during peak times each morning.
The Mandalay Bay property map can be found on their website.
What is the event schedule? Direct link to this section
A detailed schedule of the event, including tournament pool times, will be released in late July.
Evo 2022’s general schedule: On August 5th and 6th the doors to the Bayside Exhibit Halls will open at 8am PDT. Competition will start at 10am PDT each day with doors closing at 11pm PDT.
On August 7th the doors to the Michelob ULTRA Arena will open at 9am PDT. The Evo 2022 Arena Finals will start at 10am PDT and are scheduled to end by 11pm PDT.
Are there travel, lodging, and parking recommendations? Direct link to this section
We highly recommend flying into Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) as all other airports are at least 100 miles away from the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. Evo does not have any travel partners or discounts available. So, book a flight with your preferred airline.
Evo has a discounted room block at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. To reserve a room at Mandalay Bay, please use this reservation page.
To get to the hotel we recommend the Taxi and Shuttle services available at the airport and throughout Las Vegas. For more information, please visit the Mandalay Bay “Before You Arrive” section of their website.
Parking information for the Mandalay Bay and the Michelob ULTRA Arena are available here.
The Mandalay Bay has several rideshare pickup and drop off locations.
|Mandalay Bay Location||As Listed on Uber||As Listed on Lyft|
|The Four Seasons and Casino|
|The Delano, Casino, and the Shoppes|
|Michelob ULTRA Arena|
|Taxi and Car Rental Area|
What about food and water? Direct link to this section
Mandalay Bay, the Bayside Exhibit Hall, and Michelob ULTRA Arena all have numerous options for food and drink throughout the event weekend. Cash and credit card options are available. Outside food can not be brought into the venue spaces.
In the Bayside Exhibit Hall there will be complimentary water stations available for refillable water bottles. Evo will provide you with a water bottle when you pick up your badge.
In the Michelob ULTRA Arena water will be available for purchase during the show.
Is there a pre or post party at Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
There will be no official Evo pre or post parties. If you are in need of immediate assistance, please contact the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino Operator at 877-632-7700.
Where can I go for help during the event? Direct link to this section
On Friday and Saturday you can find staff at the event Command Center in Bayside F in the South Convention Center. On Sunday you can find staff in the Arena lobby. If you need assistance or have general questions please visit them.
The event Lost and Found can be found at the Command Center.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, please contact the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino Operator at 877-632-7700.
What are Evo 2022’s safety precautions and requirements? Direct link to this section
Event attendees will adhere to the Evo 2022 COVID-19 guidelines below, Evo’s Code of Conduct, and the Michelob ULTRA Arena entry requirements. You should expect to go through a screening process before entering the Mandalay Bay Exhibit Halls or the Michelob ULTRA Arena that includes bag searches and metal detectors.
In an overabundance of caution, all attendees are required to wear an approved face covering while at Evo and must provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (14 days past final vaccination shot) or a negative Covid test (within 48 hours of entering the venue for a PCR/NAAT test and within 24 hours of entering the venue for an antigen test) to enter the event spaces. Tests must be documented and verifiable, with a confirmation of status provided by the testing organization. You will need an appropriate photo ID matching the name on your documentation to pick up your event badge or tickets. We want everyone to have a great Evo 2022 and that means you will need to join us in going above and beyond for your fellow attendees.
Approved face coverings must fit snugly and properly, fully cover your nose and mouth, and secure under your chin. Face coverings cannot be simple cloth bandanas, scarves, neck gaiters, mesh coverings, face coverings with exhalation valves, or be noticeably damaged.
To best protect Evo 2022’s attendees, including but not limited to, exhibitors, artists, vendors, guests, staff, press, industry, volunteers, and cosplayers: we are asking you to give others extra space and to wash and sanitize your hands often.
For more information on COVID-19 and preventative measures, please visit the following resources:
Mandalay Bay’s The Shoppes offers COVID-19 Testing (https://communityambulance.simplybook.me/v2/) for a fee with appointment.
If you feel sick before or during Evo, please do not attend.
THESE REQUIREMENTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UP TO AND INCLUDING DURING EVO 2022. EVO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THESE REQUIREMENTS AT ANY TIME.
Please check requirements as they are updated on the Evo website.
Photography and recording guidelines? Direct link to this section
Evo is a public event that attracts local, national, and international coverage. You should expect to have your likeness, voice, and the likeness and voice of those you are responsible for, captured via photography and video while you are in attendance. Evo has a large media team on site and you are likely to find yourself in front of their lenses. All attendees are allowed to capture photos and videos during their experience at Evo 2022, so long as they follow the limitations below:
Non-professional, non-flash photography and videography is permitted. No interchangeable or detachable lenses over 3” are permitted. Flash photography, as well as hand-held, mounted, or stationary lighting, cannot be used at Evo 2022. Additionally, stationary photography setups utilizing tripods or other out-of-hand gear cannot be utilized. Please refrain from blocking walkways or line-of-sight to our stage experiences. If you are recording interviews please use the edges of the venue spaces.
Any restricted or prohibited items at Evo? Direct link to this section
Evo requires that the following items not be brought into the Evo 2022 event spaces.
- No professional cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses longer than 3”
- No selfie sticks, tripods, or monopods
- No drones
- No strollers
- No weapons, fire arms, pocket knives, mace, or pepper spray
- No noise makers (i.e. air horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc)
- No balloons, beach balls, frisbees, or projectiles
- No illegal drugs or substances
- No smoking, no vaping
- No flammable liquids, aerosol cans, or permanent markers
- No flashlights, laser pointers, flares, or fireworks
- No running
- No skateboards, segways, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, or hoverboards
- No animals or pets (Explicit permission may be provided for trained, harnessed, and service animals)
The Mandalay Bay Events Center also has their own list of prohibited items. Please visit their website to review.
Will there be vendors at Evo 2022? Direct link to this section
Yes! Our list of vendors can change all the way up to the show weekend. We will be announcing the full list.
Can I sell merchandise on the Evo floor? Direct link to this section
No. Only approved vendors are allowed to sell merchandise at Evo. If you are interested in a vendor space at Evo, please contact email@example.com.
Cosplay Guidelines Direct link to this section
Evo is always excited to see the creativity of cosplayers at our events and encourages everyone to cosplay their favorite fighting game characters. We do ask that you follow the below guidelines and keep in mind that Evo is an all-ages event. Failure to do so may result in our staff asking you to leave the event to change into everyday attire.
- Shoes are required to be worn throughout Evo 2022
- Your private parts must be covered by opaque materials
- Costumes must be able to fit through standard doorways and not be disruptive to the general flow of traffic in the Convention Center or Arena
- If your costume is particularly bulky, reduces your ability to see, or has wings, spikes, or other protruding elements that you cannot control, please have an assistant with you at all times. Should your costume impact the ability for other attendees to move around safely we will ask you to change clothing
- To best identify our safety and security staff, we ask that your costumes not be re-creations of local law enforcement, first responders, security, or government uniforms.
- Your Evo badge must be worn and fully visible at all times
Prop Weapons and Replicas
While prop and replica weapons can be carried at Evo, the following are not permitted on the show floor or in the Arena:
- All metal weapons
- Firearms, ammunition, rifles, shotguns, handguns, blowguns, tasers, laser pointers, laser-aiming devices, or laser devices in general
- Explosives, incendiary devices, chemical weapons, and pepper spray or mace
- Knives, live blades, live swords, daggers, blades hidden in canes (regular canes are permitted), switchblades, butterfly knives, axes, hatchets, kunai, and ice skates
- Metal pole arms, bats, paddles, stilts, and golf clubs
- Archery and hunting bows, and arrows
- Nunchucks, brass knuckles, and whips
Additional Attendee Expectations Direct link to this section
- Anyone visibly intoxicated or otherwise under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be removed from Evo 2022’s event spaces. If you do not cooperate with removal attempts, local authorities will be contacted.
- No sexually explicit acts, explicit nudity, solicitations, or non-consensual sexualization is permitted at Evo’s events. Anyone in violation of this policy will be removed from the event and barred from future events.
- Evo has a zero tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, and harassment. Anyone in violation of this policy will be removed from the event and barred from future events.
- Gambling is prohibited in the Evo 2022 event spaces. Anyone in violation of this policy will be removed from the event and barred from future events.
- Any unauthorized player trespassing on any of the Evo stages will be ejected from the event at our staff’s discretion.
I have additional questions not covered here! Direct link to this section
Please follow Evo’s official Twitter as additional resources and information will be announced as it is released.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with Event and Tournament questions.
Media and Press Inquiries should email RTS@dkcnews.com.